Kratom or ketum is a herb that emerges from the leaves of the mitragyna speciosa (Rubiaceae lineage) tree. Folks utilized the herb for thousands of years as a natural alternative to opioids and other painkillers. However, its medicinal benefits have only recently got recognized by mainstream medicine. Many people use it to treat pain, but it also has some potential uses in mental health.
In this article, we’ll look at what makes red dragon kratom so special and what effect it will have on your mental health. Is it good or bad? We’ll deeply cover everything about this herb and its noticeable impacts on our cognition system. With that thoughts, let’s get started-
Red dragon kratom is a strain of kratom. It is a type of tree in the coffee family. This variant is renowned for its calming effects. It has been utilized for ages by folks all over the world. The strain is native to Southeast Asia. Besides this, it got used there as a natural remedy for mood disorders like depression and anxiety since ancient times.
This mitragyna variant has similar effects to other red strains, such as Thai or Gaiwan. It can enable you to loosen up after a rough day at your job or school. But unlike these additional strains (which may have more stimulant effects), this type provides many benefits with fewer side effects.
Red dragon kratom is known for its relaxing effects, which can help relieve stress and anxiety. This strain often gets used as an alternative therapy for people suffering from chronic pain, such as back problems or arthritis. It’s also a good choice if you’re looking for an energy boost to get through the day or to improve your focus and concentration.
The leaves of red dragon kratom are dark green. And they have a pinched shape with rounded edges. The veins on these leaves are narrow and deep reddish. It is what gives them the name “red dragon.” When dried, these leaves become very hard and brittle.
Red dragon kratom is effective for many mental health conditions, including depression, anxiety, insomnia and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), bipolar disorder, and ADHD. Here is more about its effects-
- Depression: This herb strain can help with mood disorders like depression or anhedonia (the inability to feel pleasure). It seems that one reason it works so well is that it contains opioid-like compounds, which are known as mitragynine alkaloids. These alkaloids bind to receptors in the brain that control our feelings of reward. If you’re feeling down or depressed, this may explain why the mitragyna variant works so well when taken regularly over time.
- Anxiety: Taking this mitragyna variant can help reduce anxiety attacks in some people who suffer from panic attacks.
- Insomnia: Red dragon kratom also seems effective at treating insomnia due to its sedative properties. Such traits make it easier for users who have difficulty sleeping during the night.
- PTSD: In cases where someone goes through PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) following traumatic experiences, there has been evidence suggesting that anti-depressants combined with psychotherapy could be beneficial in helping them cope better with their symptoms.
- Bipolar Disorder & ADD/ADHD: As mentioned above, there is evidence linking ketum use amongst those with bipolar disorder or ADD/ADHD. But further research needs investigating before any definitive conclusions can get drawn about its effectiveness.
- OCD: Although little research is available on this subject, anecdotal evidence suggests that ketum may also be valuable in treating this Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD).
- Weight Loss: Yes, weight loss or appetite change can also lead to any impact on our cognition system. Anecdotal evidence suggests that this herb strain can also help with weight loss due to its ability to suppress the appetite and make food less appealing.
This potent variant gets considered to be a good supplement for mental health. As we studied, it helps with anxiety and depression, focus and concentration, sleep problems, stress management, and more. But it also has some side effects that should get taken into account before you start taking this supplement:
- Stomach problems may occur when you consume this mitragyna variant because of its chemical composition (such as salicylates).
- Headaches are also a common side effect of taking this potent strain regularly. It may include migraines or cluster headaches. Due to their intensity, such symptoms can make it hard to get some restful sleep at night. In addition, this symptom is painful enough to make you want to stop taking the herb altogether.
This herb strain gets considered to be a powerful stimulant. You may feel energized after taking this supplement. But it can also cause you trouble sleeping at night or insomnia. You may also experience some other bodily problems when taking red dragon kratom. It includes nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.
Red dragon kratom is good for mental health, but you must watch out for some things.
This potent strain is the best option for people wanting to improve their mental health. However, you should know the potential side effects and risks associated with red dragon kratom use.
- Red dragon kratom can be addictive. It may not be the perfect product for you if you bear a history of substance abuse or addiction.
- It has side effects similar to other substances like alcohol or opioids, such as headaches and nausea/vomiting/diarrhea (this can happen in high doses).
It’s also possible for someone using this substance regularly over long periods could develop tolerance. It means they need higher doses every time they take it. Thus, their body doesn’t become used to it. So, they’ll experience withdrawal symptoms when they stop taking it abruptly without giving themselves enough time.
You must talk to your doctor if you’re considering regularly using red dragon ketum or any other substance. They can suggest how long you should use it and what dosage is best for your body type.
So, there you have it! A brief introduction to the world of red dragon ketum and its potential for mental health. As with any drug, there are risks associated with taking this plant extract. But you should also note that these particular risks likely get outweighed by the benefits of kratom’s ability to help manage symptoms of many ailments. Consider consulting your doctor before trying out any new treatment option. But today, we’ve given you some ideas to tell if the kratom extracts strain might be right for you! Keep reading!