Canon Printer In Error State is the generic error that randomly arises during the printing function. However, taking your printer out of its error state is quite easy and less tricky. In this guide, we proffer authentic directives to get the printer in error state problem resolved. Continue reading to learn!
Canon Printer In Error State Can Be Caused By One Of the Following:
Canon Printer In Error State is a common problem faced by many users. This could generally be arisen due to any one of the below-listed reasons:
- Canon Printer is probably offline.
- Outdated drivers or wrongly installed drivers against your printer.
- The printer spooler may not be set on an ‘Automatic’ mode.
- Your Canon Printer is most probably not set as ‘Default Printer.’
- Might be having issues in port settings.
The Proactive Ways To Fix Canon Printer In Error State Issue
We’ve compiled the simple and straightforward Canon Printer Troubleshooting techniques in the beneath section. All you have to do is to feast your eyes on the given intuitive guide and follow them one by one unless your printer comes out of its error state. Let’s begin!
Way 1: Modify Port Settings
Make some changes in the ports settings using the below-noted steps:
- First, press the “Windows logo” key + “R” key simultaneously on your keyboard.
- Then, type “devmgmt.msc” in the Run dialog box and hit the “Enter” key to open the “Device Manager” window.
- Now, you have to place a click on the “View” tab at the top menu > select the “Show hidden devices” option.
- Now, give a right-click on the “Ports (COM & LPT)” tab and select the “Proprieties” option from the appeared menu.
- Afterward, open the “Port Settings” tab in the “Properties” window.
- Select the option “Use any interrupt assigned to the port.”
- Now, make sure the checkbox next to “Enable legacy Plug and Play detection” is checked.
- Now, click the “OK” tab.
- Reboot your computer and see if it fixed the Canon Printer In Error State issue.
If still the same error persists, continue reading for a one-stop remedy.
Way 2: Make Sure Canon Printer Is Online
Your printer must be in online mode for smooth and hindrance-free printing. Otherwise, your printer’s status may display ‘Printer in error state’ while you print something. Therefore, the best Canon Printer Troubleshooting tips is to ensure that the printer is seriously in online mode. Here’s how:
- First and forecast, go to the Windows Search Bar on your Windows PC and type “Control Panel” in the search field.
- Now, hit the “Enter” key.
- Then, select the “Device and Printer” option and frequently choose your Printer Mode.
- If the Printer is in an Offline state, place the right-click on it and uncheck the option “Use Printer Offline.”
- After applying these tricks, your printer will be in online mode and ready to deliver printouts.
Now, your Error State In Canon Printer issue is probably been resolved from top-to-toe. But, if still, it exists, continue reading for another solving trick.
Dial the 24/7 opened helpline number and stay united unless your printer serves quality printouts.