Summary: If users are unable to manually export email from Windows Live Mail to Outlook, we have also mentioned an automated solution that they can try. When a user needs to convert EML files from Windows Live Mail to PST, the EML file that stores Windows Live Mail emails is converted to the PST format used by MS Outlook.
In this rapidly evolving digital world, Microsoft Outlook is now one of the safest and most favored email clients among multiple large corporate companies and government users. Many users, however, use the Windows Live Mail email client to send and receive emails, contacts, calendars, notes, attachments, and other information. However, they have been using Microsoft Outlook as their email client for several years. Microsoft discontinued Windows Live Mail in 2012 because it was no longer supported by Microsoft. So, if you want to export Windows Live Mail email files to Outlook PST. This article may be helpful.
Windows Live Mail stores data in the EML or EMLX file format. Which is not the same as the file format used by Microsoft Outlook. However, if you want to access data from Windows Live Mail in Microsoft Outlook, you’ll need to convert Windows Live Mail emails to the PST file format, which is compatible with Outlook. So, let’s figure out the best way to convert this data.
Steps to Convert EML Files from Windows Live Mail to PST
To successfully transfer your Windows Live Mail data to Microsoft Outlook. You must carefully follow this step-by-step procedure.
- On your computer, open the ‘Microsoft Outlook’ and ‘Windows Live Mail’ applications.
- On the main Windows Live Mail screen, select the ‘File’ tab and then the ‘Export’ option. Then select ‘Email Messages’ from the Export menu.
- Click the ‘Next’ button after selecting ‘Microsoft Exchange.’
- A dialog box titled “Export Message” will now appear.
- Simply click the ‘OK’ button here.
- To continue, select ‘desired folders or all folders’ and then click the ‘OK’ button.
- The export procedure will now begin.
- When the export is finished, you’ll see a message on the screen that says “Export Complete.”
- Finally, press the ‘Finish’ button to complete the process.
After you’ve completed all of the steps above. You’ll need to double-check all of the Windows Live Mail data that was exported to Microsoft Outlook. The length of time it takes to export emails is largely determined by the number of emails being exported. Furthermore, there are some disadvantages to using the manual method that we believe you should be aware of before attempting to export Windows Live mail data using this method.
- Manual Method’s Drawbacks
The following are the disadvantages of the manual process to convert EML files from Windows Live Mail to PST:
- Large EML or EMLX files cannot be converted using the manual method.
- During the export process, users may easily lose their important data.
- The main disadvantage of the manual method is that it does not work in many rare cases.
- The manual method is both time-consuming and inefficient.
Exporting Windows Live Mail data to Microsoft Outlook PST with this Professional Tool.
The EML to PST converter is a useful tool that makes converting Windows Live Mail EML to PST a breeze. This software makes it simple for users to convert their Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook PST format without losing any data or compromising security. Let’s take a look at some of the software’s most useful features:
- Batch conversion of Windows Live Mail EML files with attachments is supported.
- Convert Windows Live Mail emails to PST files, either newly created or existing PST files.
- The tool allows for selective conversion of Windows Live Mail data.
- It creates a UNICODE PST while maintaining the folder structure and hierarchy of data elements.
- In a short amount of time, import all Windows Live Mail EML files into a single PST file.
- The migration from Windows Live Mail to Outlook does not necessitate the installation of Outlook.
- This software has a single user interface that makes exporting Windows Live mail data much easier.
As a result, this concludes the “How to convert EML files from Windows Live Mail to PST” procedure. I hope this explanation is clear and that it will assist you in exporting emails and other data from Windows Live Mail to Outlook email clients.