QuickBooks error 3371 is a common license error that is usually seen while activating and opening the QuickBooks Desktop application. When the error encounters, the user gets a message: “Could not initialize license properties. Error 3371: QuickBooks could not load the license data. This may be caused by missing or damaged files.” The error usually triggers due to damaged QuickBooks registration files, outdated Windows operating system, and damaged MSXML component of Microsoft. If you want to know how to fix QuickBooks Desktop error 3371, first understand the root causes behind it and then follow the troubleshooting process given below.
For situations where you are not willing to follow the complete troubleshooting procedure to fix QuickBooks error 3371 and require instant assistance. We suggest contacting the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430
Reasons behind QuickBooks error 3371 status code 11104
Below are the major reasons that evoke license error 3371 in QuickBooks:
- The registration file used to register QuickBooks is damaged and corrupted.
- The MSXML component of Microsoft is damaged or corrupted.
- Anti-virus programs have stored some QuickBooks files in quarantine which is creating the issue.
- The Windows operating system on your PC is not updated to the latest release.
Top Solutions to Deal with QuickBooks point of sale error 3371
Solution 1. Get QB Tool Hub and run the 3371 Error Fix to resolve the error
- Close company files, quit the QuickBooks Desktop application and visit Intuit’s website.
- From there, download the setup file of the latest QuickBooks Tool Hub version, and when prompted, save it to a place you can easily access.
- Move to the location you saved the file, double-click the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the instructions given on the screen.
- Select the agree to the terms and conditions checkbox to install QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- When the installation is finished, the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon will show up on the desktop.
- Double-click the icon to open the tool hub and choose the Installation Issues tab. Click 3371 Error Fix, then OK to start the tool and wait till it resolves error 3371.
Solution 2. Eliminate error 3371 by clean installing QuickBooks
- Download the installer QuickBooks version you use and then open the account management portal.
- From there, note the QuickBooks product year, version, and license number.
- Move to the workstation getting the error and tap the Windows and R keys on your keyboard at the same time.
- When the Run dialog box opens, type Control Panel in the search field.
- Open Control Panel, select Programs and Features or Uninstall a Program.
- Scroll the list of programs, choose the QuickBooks Desktop version you want to uninstall and click Uninstall/Change.
- Select Remove and then Next to uninstall the QuickBooks application successfully.
- Then, reinstall the QuickBooks using the fresh installer file.
We tried to give you the best guidance through this blog in resolving QuickBooks error 3371. You will definitely be able to eliminate the issue after following the solutions discussed above. If you find yourself stuck, get in touch with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number +1-800-579-9430.